This is a quick reference guide for installing wheel simulators on your catering food truck. When it comes to Pacific Dualies wheel simulators, there are several over / under lug mounting options available to achieve a clean and durable wheel look.
Here are the most common mounting designs used for Chevy / GMC in the food truck catering industry.
1974 – 2004 Chevy HD3500 / P30 Chassis (installed on 19.5" wheels):This is the Pacific Dualies Wheel Simulator part # 30-1950W.
- This shows an over lug design that mounts using 2 stud extenders, and 2 lug nut covers per wheel.
- You do not need to remove any of the OEM lug nuts to install these.
- Place the wheel cover on top of the wheel, making sure to line up the wheel cover with the vent holes on the steel wheel.
- Screw down the stud extenders on top of the 2 OEM wheel studs that match the stud holes on the wheel cover (hand tighten only using the hex key provided).
- Screw down the lug nut covers on top of the stud extenders. Hand tighten only using the “T Handle” wrench provided.
- Repeat steps 2 - 5 for the remaining wheel covers.
See mounting diagram below:
1974 – 2000 Chevy 3500, with OEM stud ring (16” wheels, 8 Lugs) and 1974-2002 Chevy G30 Van:
This is Pacific Dualies Wheel Simulator part # 38-1608.
This shows an under the lug design that mounts using all the OEM lug nuts.
- You will need to jack up the vehicle, and remove all 8 OEM lug nuts, and the OEM stud ring.
- Place the wheel cover on to the bare wheel, making sure the vent holes on the wheel cover line up properly with the vent holes on the steel wheel.
- Place the OEM stud ring inside the retainer ring, with the dowel pins facing out, just like it is on the OEM wheel.
- Place the OEM ring on top of the wheel cover. Now re-install the OEM lug nuts and tighten them down per OEM specs with a torque wrench.
- Place the center on top of the wheel cover assembly, and line up the screw posts on the retainer ring with the screw holes on the center cap.
- Hand tighten the 2 screws using a screw driver.
- Repeat steps b – g for the remaining wheel covers.
Find the right wheel simulators for your catering food truck on our website.